Cosmetology & Braiding Institute L.L.C.
Tennessee Hair Braiding Update
Braiders Registration: 16hr Health and Wellness
( This class is offered only on our On Line School Portal)
Governor Bill Lee signed into law Senate Bill 1185, which reduces the requirements needed to provided natural hair braiding. As per the Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners website, the law now only requires Hair Braiders meet the following requirements:
- Obtain 16 Hours of training in health and hygiene in person or online;
- Register biennially and pay a $30.00 registration fee by going to www.core.tn.gov on or after July 1, 2019;
- Use only disposable or properly sanitized instruments; and
- Post a notice that the Hair Braider is not licensed and refrain from referring to oneself as a natural hair stylist.
****Licensure is still required for Natural Hair Styling and hair wrapping.
The Health & Wellness Certification is only offered via our online Portal for $300.00.
Please complete the form below before completing payment.
1. Click on Course Catalog
2. Select 16 Hour Health & Wellness
3. Select "Get This Course"
4. Sign Up
Mon - Fri: 9AM - 5PM
Sat: 10AM - 5PM
Sun: Closed Closed on Wednesdays